Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Indonesia: Java Island [PART 1]

As an official country for 71 years, Indonesia has become the largest archipelagic country in the world. But have you ever heard or read the fact about which country has the most islands in the world?

Back in my school days, I always told by my teacher that Indonesia is the one. But recently, I read some articles in internet which they still debating about the country with the most islands. Is it Indonesia or others? Uniquely, I found Finland has been nominated as the winner.

Finland's Official Tourism Board declared its country has about 180.000 islands. In the other hand, Indonesia only has about 17.000 islands. Very big for comparative number. Then with curiosity in my mind, I tried to look each country via Google Maps. I zoomed almost to maximum to observe every tiny islands carefully. 

And then BAMM!!
I found out the answer. So I realized that my teachers were wrong.

Well, enough with the story.
Now I want to show you all some off-beaten track travel destination in Indonesia. In this first part features the destinations in Java island only. The other islands and Finland will be showed in another part. So enjoy the pictures, including the location just below the pics.

Early morning in Bawean Island, Gresik Regency, East Java


Noko sand island, Bawean Island, Gresik Regency, East Java


Parigi Falls, Ciangsana, Gunung Putri, Bekasi - Bogor, West Java


Lake Rawa Pening, Ambarawa - Salatiga, Central Java


Limestone Hill of Jaddih, Socah, Bangkalan Regency, Madura Island, East Java


Bendungan Sampean Baru, Tapen, Bondowoso Regency, East Java


Wediombo Beach, Balong, Girisubo, Gunung Kidul Regency, Yogyakarta


Lake Embung Nglanggeran, Patuk, Gunung Kidul Regency, Yogyakarta


Cikubang Railway Bridge, Padalarang, Bandung Regency, West Java


Lembang, West Bandung Regency, West Java


Grafika Cikole, Lembang, Bandung, West Java


Red Island (Pulau Merah), Sumber Agung Village, Pesanggaran, Banyuwangi, East Java

No comments:

Post a Comment